The Institute of Economics carries out research and training activities in the field of empirical and theoretical economics. Our main lines of research include:
- The theory and empirics of firm-industry dynamics, with specific focus on firm growth, productivity, export, innovative active and external financing
- The economics of innovation and technical change (sources, institutions and consequences)
- Micro and macro agent-based models, with particular attention to both the real side of the economy and the banking/financial sectors
- Empirical and theoretical analysis of micro and macroeconomic networks, especially in finance, trade, foreign direct investment, migration and mobility
- Individual, organizational and collective decisions beyond the rational choice paradigm
- Evolutionary foundations of macro-economics
- Evolutionary finance
- Economic history of technology and technical change
- Industrial and technological policies in industrialized and developing countries
- Applied statistics and econometrics
- Political, social and economic consequences of climate change
We welcome and favour dialogue between empirical investigations, theoretical developments and normative contributions - concerning both corporate management and public policies - offering an interdisciplinary environment in which different research interests and competencies, ranging from Economics, to Information Sciences, Mathematics and Physics meet and can be fruitfully integrated.
Our researchers are well nested in an international network, also through the participation to various national and international research projects.
Historically, most of the research activities have been undertaken within the LEM - Laboratory of Economics and Management. Now all research and training activities have been taken over by the Institute, but LEM still keeps its brandname on a prestigious Working Paper Series.
Venerdì 24 novembre, dalle 9.30 nel Palazzo della Carovana, sede della Scuola Normale Superiore, gli allievi selezionati dalle due istituzioni si ritrovano insieme per conoscere l’offerta didattica e le linee di ricerca delle due scuole universitarie superiori di Pisa
Secondo il Times Higher Education la Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna – che nel 2017 festeggia i 30 anni dalla fondazione – rientra nei 150 migliori atenei al mondo per Business & Economics
Venerdì 29 e sabato 30 settembre 2017 si svolgerà a Pisa, presso il Polo didattico Carmignani, il convegno di Economia e Politica Industria
Synchronization Patterns in the European Union
Mattia Guerini - OFCE-SciencesPo
Seminario: Ties that Bind: Networks Redistributive Pressure and Economic Decisions in Village Economies
, Sede centrale - Aula 6
Francesco Feri (Royal Holloway University of London)